Friday, January 4, 2013

The Arrival

This is it! I'm finally here! So it's not an actual Up With People travel blog! Not just me talking about how I would like to get there.

A little update on getting here: I procrastinated til 2 days before I left to pack, so it was kinda crazy.  I get one suitcase at 50lbs for 6 months and one carry on. Yup, that is all  my stuff for the next 6 months! and I even have 3 pounds to spare! yay!   So, not my favorite days or my best planning moments either.  But I got everything together, and at 4am this morning we left for the airport and after some teary goodbyes,  I departed at 7am.  I was lucky enough to be able to fly with 2 other girls from CO so we had fun getting to know each other.  The ride seemed really long, but Tara and I watched a movie and I made a hat! So it was semi-productive.
 (Amy on the left, Tara on the right)
 

After we landed, We met fellow Wisconsin member Misa, and Amy Misa and I were the first off to Lakeland! (Celebratory packing photo below) Even though it's a little dreary, I like the weather, and it seems like a quaint town.  I don't know much about my host parents yet, but I know that I will tell you much more as I learn! Right now she is a great cook, he is really funny, and their home is beautiful.  On Sunday I will be getting a roommate named Anna, but that's all I know about her! Can't wait to meet her either, and this weekend, besides class 9-12 tomorrow we get off to spend with our families! So, there should be more about the weekend and such next week after all the rest of the cast comes on Friday.  I can't wait to meet everyone! I'm ready to make some friends :)


That's all I have for now, but I hope you check back soon!
Love, Mal

2 comments:

  1. Miss you already honey. Great job updating the blog already. Keep it up (at least weekly I hope!) Talk soon. Much love, Mom & Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! The first of about 1 billion photos you will be in or take over the next 6 months. You are going to be awesome! Knock 'em dead and tell Eric hello for me. Grant & Gretchen 87A

    ReplyDelete