Thursday, September 5, 2013

Staging: Host Family Adventures

Staging was a lot like last semester.  Lots of dancing, singing and getting to know the program!  A lot of different adventures were sprinkled throughout the 4 weeks.

I had many awesome adventures with my host family and other host families! Tara's best friend's family was hosting 2 boys, Caleb (AZ) and Bert (Belgium).  Caleb is a 2nd semester too, so it's been good that Tara knows someone as well. The 4 our us had many good times together.  We did anything from watching George of the Jungle (man did I forget how corny it was!) to going ice blocking (sliding down a hill on a block of ice) and making funny dance videos.  I made some friends along the way too which was great because they live in CO like me! I got to know Caleb and Bert's host sisters Melanie, 21, and Sarah, 19.  As well at Tara's other really good friend Michelle.  We had lots of laughs!

Sarah, her boyfriend Peter, me, Bert, Melanie, Michelle, and Caleb when we decided to play dress up!

I also went on many adventures with Kurt, Vicki and Tara as well!

Did I mention that Tara works as a mermaid at the Denver Aquarium? So cool!

I got the special pleasure of going to the wedding of my "host brother" (he doesn't live at home) and it was magical and perfect.  I did hair for Vicki and Tara as well as 2 other bridesmaids and I also played the role of DJ for the ceremony and reception.

Tara, Vicki, Michelle and I went to the Renaissance festival for one day

3 families went to a place called Extreme Challenge where we played a bunch of crazy games that involved harnesses and helmets

Caleb and I on one of the challenges

The whole cast was donated tickets for us and our host families to go to Cirque du Soliel's show Amaluna and it was breath taking! 

For the last weekend Amilee, Diana, Brian and Bonnie all from Cast A came out for the show weekend and we went to Water World for the last host family day with Hugh (MN) and Pablo (Mex) from this semester.  

No comments:

Post a Comment